Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jesus never said, "Thou shalt not laugh"

At the risk of committing blasphemy, or alienating some of my more sensitive readers, I felt it was time to once again mount my soapbox. First though, I need to start with this........I AM a Christian........I realize people's definition of this statement may vary. Here's mine:

I am a sinner saved by the Grace of Jesus Christ, whom I put my faith in. (short version)

(check out John 3:16-18 for a better definition)

Basically, this means that I chose to follow Christ and allow him into my life. Does this mean I am perfect? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I am still a sinful human living in a sinful world..........Now, before you go all, "More of that Christian crap again! Where's the humor, funnyman?!"....Hear me out...........I didn't check my brain at the door. This wasn't some blind leap of faith. I didn't have some "life-changing" experience. I arrived at my decision after years of careful study and exploration....And no, I am not trying to convert you either. There will be no alter call at the end of this post. That's something you'll have to work out yourself, if need be. (As Paul said, "Each of you should work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"....or something like that)......I am merely giving you my testimony as a disclaimer.

Here goes:

Occasionally, you will read something in my posts that doesn't sound too "Christian". That is probably because it is not. If you're not a Christian, PLEASE don't judge a religion by it's abuses, or Christianity by my jokes. I don't pretend to be a perfect person.....if I was, I wouldn't need Christ in my life, which I do. Trust me, I do ALOT of repenting. However, I will most likely continue to make fun of people of all races (Arabs), creeds, religions (Islam, Buddhists, Jehovah's Witnesses <----read cult), sexual preferences (fags, queers, gays, homos), IQ levels (i.e. stupid people and retards), immigrant status<---(read illegal Mexicans and Asians who can't drive), and liberals (definitely them). For you non-believers, PLEASE do not assume from my sometimes hate-filled but humorous posts that all Christians are hypocrites. This is NOT what the bible teaches us....This is not even how I truly feel, as I am hardly ever serious and will say anything for a laugh....I love all people, seriously!.....I just think it's funny to make fun of other people sometimes......Okay, all the time....but I digress.
(see above part about "alot of repenting")

Call it carnal living, call it Sunday Christianism, call it whatever, I just don't think that being a Christian means you have to stop laughing at stuff. The Bible says Jesus' sacrifice takes away our sins, NOT our sense of humor. Often times, we Christians take ourselves too seriously. We become bitter and judgmental. (As Christ said, “Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone")........You draw more bees with honey than vinegar.

Now that I have thoroughly confused you and myself, I will close. If I ever offend you, I am sorry. Not all my jokes will be mean (I hope). If you doubt my Christianity, that is fine, as I don't answer to you................Enjoy!

P.S. I will also occasionally use bad words like crap, poop, piss, shiz, eff, WTF, WTH, and dang, but will try to control myself....Just saying.

Oh yeah, I HEART Jesus!

1 comment:

Amy Gabbard said...

Thank you Ed!!!! I am a sarcastic one myself, and I hate having to be politically correct all of the time. People are way too uptight sometimes!

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory