Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Someone Is Trying To Off My Mom

I get a lot of SPAM, which I usually delete, if my SPAM filter doesn’t catch it first.

But one in particular I get repeatedly.

It’s always titled “A Place For Mom”, and comes from….shockingly…..www.aplaceformom.com.

Regardless of how many times I change the filter settings or put it on the “block” list, it still slips through.

The message says it’s “The Nation’s Largest Free Elder Care Referral Service”.

WTF!

Guess that’s like a talent agent for nursing homes.

Which would make them William-Morris or something.

Who knows?

But, maybe they’re trying to tell me something.

Like they know something I don’t.

Like they threatening to injure my mom.

Maybe they are planning to send the boys out to rough up mom, thereby drumming up new business.

They should be ashamed!

My mom is a wonderful lady.

She is in good health. She lives on her own. She still drives. She works at a job every day. She’s barely even Social Security age.

She’s not ready for an old folks home.

Yet.

Sure, she might eventually need help or someone to care for her.

Then, I might consider letting her move in with me……while I drove her to the nearest nursing home.

But really, I have two older sisters who would make that decision.

I am the FAVORITE, afterall.

THEY could decide whether to let her live with THEM, or send her off to a home.

I'm going to start forwarding them the SPAM.

Just in case.

10 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

Well..we spend so much time ON her, it's valid that someone tries to off her at least once.

Son.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start a site called aREALplaceformom dot com and it will sell big, rubber vibrators.

Because I think most moms would prefer my site.

And non moms too maybe. And you. Butt boy. :)

Coffeypot said...

Email them and ask that you be taken off the mailing list because you mom has been dead for 10 years, and if they really want her they will have to exhume her at their expense.

Forgotten said...

LMAO!! The comments were funnier than the post this time. Sorry, Ed.

Maybe you need to let your mom guest post some time. hahahaha

Who am I kidding? She probably already does all the posts on here anyways.

Pat said...

Now that William Morris tossed out Mel Gibson, they're trying to drum up business.

Don't worry, Moms ALWAYS live with their daughters. The daughter-in-law couldn't put up with her mother-in-law.

But wait, you no longer have that problem. sorry to rub it in, but I'm right, right?

So, never mind. All the more reason why Mommy should move in with YOU.

Pat said...

Okay, now I have to apologize 'cause I mixed you up with the first guy - Moooooog35. Well, hell, beat me with a wet noodle!

Matty said...

Those spammers are sly ones. They know all the tricks to get past our defenses, because they know the more you see something, the more likely you are to finally give them a try. It's working, because you noticed it enough to write about it. LOL

Forgotten said...

I didn't think yourwife was a bitter woman. Does she not know humor when she sees it? Lighten up. No one wants to take your man...just to pick his brain for leftovers. :P

aladdinsane12 said...

you're lucky. i got some spam the other day that said "have you ever considered sleeping with a tranny?" no joke. and yes, i have...

carissajade said...

hahaha I love that you will take no responsibility for that decision. my mom luckily, already told me that she wants to be put in a nursing home. she may be bullshitting but im going with it!

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory