Monday, November 4, 2013

Second Chances-Clean & Sober version

After discussing the previously mentioned evening with various folks in attendance, I think I finally figured out what Joke/Story I was attempting to tell at the reunion.

If I had been clean & sober, it would have gone something like this:


My dad calls me in the middle of church the other day.
Now dad has had some health problems lately, so when I see it’s him calling, I think it’s an emergency.
I run out of church to answer his call and this is what I get:
Dad: “Do you have a sickle?"
Me: “A what?”
Dad: “A sickle! Like you cut weeds with?”
Me: “No. I have a weedeater for that.”
Dad: “Nah, I’ve got one of those, I want a sickle. Wonder where I can get one.”
Me: “I don’t know..........maybe the 1800’s?”
Couldn’t he just wait a couple months and borrow the Grim Reapers?
 
Not sure being sober makes it any funnier, but it was funny when it happened.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Snort!

Guess you had to be there.

Momma Fargo said...

What does clean and sober mean anyway? That you wash before you dry out? LOL. On another note, funny post.

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory