Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Stage Is Calling Me

Now that my mom is in the ground (too soon?)...

And my Firefighting training is complete (no word on whether I passed my test yet)...

And AND things are finally calming down at work...

I have been finding my funny again.

Who knew it was here all along?  Right under a big pile of Life Shit?

I hope to get back to updating my blog more often, but I also am working towards my return to the stage.

I said on Facebook that I had been writing some new Stand-up material.

Well, it's more like "talking points" or "topics".

I don't really like to write entire jokes out. Not only do they never come out like you planned, but they sound rehearsed--which they probably are.

Mostly, I just HATE repetition. Going over the same material more than once, including after it has been written down, is too repetitive for me.

Damn this photographic memory of mine!

It's probably a good thing I'm not a comic for a living.

Not only am I not funny enough, but those guys go over and over the same material, night after night.

Honing their delivery. Seeing what works and what doesn't.

I HATE hearing there same joke from a comic more than once, no matter how good it is.

Unfortunately, by not practicing this repetitive custom,  one must have unlimited material.

It also exposes you to more opportunity for failures.

Thankfully, I HAVE unlimited material,  and I could care less about failure. Whatever THAT is.

I've always done better "on my feet" or "off the cuff". I think you call it, Extemporanious speech, or some shit.

Regardless, at least it gaurantees each time I perform will be different.

Basically, I just get an idea of what I'm going to talk about, in my head, and then go from there.

And, as long as I'm comfortable and not too nervous, it should be good.

If not...well....

4 comments:

Travis said...

Good luck. You'll do fine. I don't know what it is, but we've got it.

middle child said...

I cannot tellajoke to save my life. I am the one who has comments pop up in her head and speaks them out during a conversation and have people peeing from laughter. Good luck in you endevors! You will do just fine.

Pearl said...

I look forward to the unleashing.

Pearl

Coffeypot said...

Break a leg, Dude! Or...maybe your funny bone.

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory