Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BEHOLD! THE BIRTHDAY!!

The Funny Pages just turned 1 this month.

A year ago, I didn’t even really know what a blog was.

The minister of my church used to talk about “blogs”, and would occasionally mention something from them in his sermons.

I guess they teach plagiarism in Presbyterian Seminary…..(Just kidding David)

Other than that, I would hear about blogs during the election coverage or in TV shows.

I just pictured it being something affluent nerdy kids did at coffee shops….when they went playing World of Warcraft.

Eventually, I started reading some of David’s and my wife’s blog posts.

Then I started looking around to see what else was out there.

One of the first people I found was Crystal.

She was, and probably still is (if she’d ever post), one of the funniest people I have read.

She is the ONLY blogger that I went back and read every single post in their archives……4 YEARS WORTH!

While feeling my way around blogger, I also found Tamara….(That sounded way dirtier than Tamara probably wished it did.)

She had just been picked as “Blog Of Note”.

I clicked over and thought, “This lady is pretty funny.”

She was doing a Caption This contest and Travis had won.

I checked him out and he was funny too.

Around this time, I figured I could my own blog, as an outlet for all the humorous stuff that runs through my demented head and wasn’t allowed to be spoken at home.

BEHOLD! THE BIRTH OF THE FUNNY PAGES!!

My first couple of posts were mild and very virgintastic…..I was merely spreading my wings and testing the sweet sweet waters of blogtopia.

Yes, I said wings....They are water wings....Don’t be a WW hater.

Anyway…

Soon after that, I realized……I was a nerd……and needed to hang out at a coffee shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging is the greatest. I'm going on 1.5 years myself. Now, I don't know what I'd do without it. Happy birthday!

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

Happy belated birthday. *horn blowing* ;)

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory