I have to revise my Funny TV viewing list.
Several of you made suggestions on my last post, on shows that tickled your F-bones.
And since I spent the majority of the weekend indoors, tending to a family of chunk-blowers, I had plenty of time for Huluing.
Mike & Molly definitely makes my list. This new show about a couple of fatties falling in love is HILARIOUS. The characters are well written, and they managed to find the funny without relying on the usual fat jokes. Check it out online, or on Monday’s at 930pm on CBS.
Community, which has Chevy Chase and that naked asian dude from The Hangover, is decent. I originally checked this show out a couple times during the first season, but revisited it again for you. It has some funny parts, but I’m still not sure I’m ready to add it to the list.
30 Rock-A little too political for my taste. Alec Baldwin’s character is hilarious in that dry wit way that Sue from GLEE is. Tina Fey is hot, but comes across as John Stewart’s evil female sit com twin. Traci Morgan is…..
Rules of Engagement- I didn’t get to it. Honestly, I forgot. But I’ll get to it eventually.
Bored To Death-I tried watching the pilot and 1st episode of this HBO show. Figured with Zack Gafalanakadoodoowhatever (bearded guy from The Hangover), Ted Danson, and the geeky guy from Rushmore, it might be promising. There was some dry wit, but mostly pot jokes. I fell asleep twice during the 1st one.
So here’s the new list:
1. The League-Thursdays 1030pm-FX---About a group of friends who are in a Fantasy Football League
2. Raising Hope-Tuesdays 9pm-FOX---About a young dude, with help from his inbred father, who’s trying to raise a baby he fathered with a now executed serial killer.
3. Mike & Molly-Mondays 930pm-CBS---About a couple of fatties finding love in Chi-town
4. Modern Family-Wednesdays 9pm-ABC---Follows 3 family units that are all part of a bigger mixed family. Hard to describe, but it’s great.
5. Big Bang Theory-Thursdays 8pm-CBS---A group of nerd friends and their quest to get laid & stuff.
6. Shit My Dad Says-Thurdays 830pm-CBS---Grumpy old man and his sons trying to reconnect. Based on popular Twitter account.