When reading a Blogger’s post or comments, you might see various acronyms and or slang-type phases that are used as a form of shorthand similar to when a person writes a text message.
I had no idea what many of these stood for when I first entered the blogging world, and always wished there was some sort of Glossary of Terms I could look them up in.
Since there wasn’t, and I had to learn the hard way, I thought I would save you the time & trouble and create one here now.
Please feel free to use this as a future reference.
1. LOL – Lover Of Lepers – This is a very caring individual
2. STFU – Squeeze That For Us - This person would like help making orange juice or fitting into tight pants.
3. LMAO – Let Me Ask Orangutans – An inquisitive person with hairy friends might say this.
4. TWSS - That Was Seriously Sad – This person is admitting their own failures.
5. TWHS - That Was Hilariously Sad - This is what you say to that person above as you laugh at their mistakes.
6. FTW- Feel The World - These people are Hippies.
7. ROFL - Right On Fun Loveski - This is a hip affirmation of your comedic wit with a Polish twist.
8. DH - Designated Hitter (similar to in Baseball) - A term mainly used by women to refer to the man who comes in and relieves the normal hitter (aka Hubs) when it’s performance time.
9. “ha”- short for “haha” - This means, “I thoroughly enjoyed what you just said, even though I may not have agreed with all of it. And I did notice the errors in grammar and spelling, as well as a few factual inconsistencies, but overall I felt it was good in content and meaning. Just not good enough for me to leave a longer comment.”
10. FAIL - self explanatory - See this post.