Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Am The World's Best Co-worker!

A friend at work told me they have an addiction.

I won’t mention any names (Amy), but let me say that it is definitely NOT Amy.

And it’s as bad as crack.

Being the good friend I am, I tried to have an intervention.

First, I listened attentively as Amy she confessed the addiction.

Then, I asked Amy her questions about the addiction, to help myself better understand it.

Like…

“Are you effing serious?”

“Please tell me you’re effing kidding me?!”

“How long has thing been going on?”

“Why?”

“What happens if you don’t do it for awhile?”

“What do you get out of it?”

“Do you sit around in your underwear, eating a bag of Cheetos while doing it?”

Because I’m compassionate to others struggles.


I also tried pointing out the seriousness of the matter.

“You know that’s seriously sad, right?”

“How do you think this effects your family?”

“You NEED HELP!”

“You’re pathetic!”

Because I care when a friend is hurting and/or misguided.


I even tried making fun of the addiction.

“I used to do that too….when I was in 8th grade!”

“I can’t believe it. I just can’t believe that stuff is even still around!”


Sadly, it didn’t take.

You see, as with most addicts, Amy she can’t help herself.

Amy She can’t stop.

It’s like crack, people!

She’s like a crack ho’.

Except, in Amy her case she’s a Wamp ho’.

Yep.

She’s hooked on The People’s Court.

DVR’s it.

Watches old reruns.

Never misses an episode.

She even knows that Judge Wampner isn’t the judge anymore.

Truly sad.

But it does make me feel better about myself.

8 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

LMAO. Oy. Now we can all feel better about ourselves. Poor thing...whoever it is.. NOT Amy.

Anonymous said...

We all have our crutches. All of us. Well, not me, but the rest of you.

laughingmom said...

Do they have rehab for that?

Mrs. Pickle said...

I love shows like that! I want to be friends with Amy :)


picklesinmyass.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I never would have guessed that. That's really not bad though. I DVR old Dukes of Hazzard episodes. Go ahead and tell me which is worse.

Coffeypot said...

What's your problem, dude? I love crack. I can't get enough of it, and now I wonder what Amy's is like.

Anonymous said...

lol Wow, I didnt know they even had that show in reruns! Thats an old show.

Busted Kate said...

...the hell? Who is the Judge now?

I'm the same way with old game shows. My guilty addiction? The Match Game. The old school, 1970s, Match Game. Love Gene Rayburn. Love that pervert Richard Dawson. Even love Charles Nelson Reilly and Brett Sommers.

I wish so much that they would bring it back.

BlogCatalog

Humor & Funny Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory